Pages

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Character concept Photoshop, block colours

I am currently working on my character design now in Photoshop. I am now applying block colours to my character and using the sponge, burn and dodge tool to add shadows and lighting to where I think the pose requires it. I have been looking at multiple images and trying to use them within my own design. I have also been trying to use the research into anatomy to help define my characters pose and reproprotion some of the body and the angles in which I have drawn.I am overall quite happy with the pose but I think that the legs and left arm hand needs to be redone as they are looking quite crocked at the moment.

I wanted to also add a grenade into my characters right hand and once I have finished the pose add a flag behind him, with skulls beneath him to show the type of heroic character he is. I think a lot of my inspiration has come from games such as Starcraft, Unreal tournament, mass effect although I have not played Starcraft or mass effect I have looked at a lot of the art work and fell in love with it. Overall I think it is going quite well so far but I still have a long way to go and adding detail such as the troopers in Starcraft will be quite difficult, so I wish to go for a more MMO style look.

No comments:

Post a Comment