Pages

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Final Prop Concept art - Battle Axe


So after going through tons of different ideas on what to do for my final design of my prop task I settled on creating a battleaxe. I started going down the route of weapons and found the battle axe to be the most deadliest looking weapon. After looking at a large stock of battleaxe images I could see the potential in designing my own adding different hilts and side blades to it. Above is my final design, I wanted something that looked quite heavy and had an aura of darkness about it. I decided to add a claw and small skulls around the upper handle of the axe as well as a small blade to the hilt.

I also thought about the mechanics on how this weapon would be used as it's a battle axe it would be held with two hands, I made the handle very long so that the user could put one hand towards the lower end of the handle and the other at the upper end in order to use both sides of the blade, using the lower end of the axe meant for quicker attacks as that side would be lighter whereas the upper end would be used for large lunging attacks.

I felt a battleaxe would make for a great end prop in Zbrush as we had already had a tutorial on axes wit Leavon so with this previous experience it would help me in recreating my own type of axe although I have added a lot more blades and detail to this, so hopefully my previous experience will help me with my new concept.

1 comment:

  1. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us. axe throwing los angeles

    ReplyDelete