Pages

Monday 12 March 2012

Weapon Refrence and research

After going into different designs and creating a basic blockout of my axe in Zbrush I decided to revert back to all the reference I had taken from Leeds armoury and really take a look at the amazing designs and details of the swords. Looking back at the dragon head I drew for my Viking ship I think that the work scale required to do that within the time limit would be too much so have now decided to create a sword.

Taking this into account with all the research I did on shields if I have enough time left over I would also like to create the shield to go alongside the sword.

In the below mood-board I have put some images which I think would look good for the details such as the tin with the horseman would make a very fine detail to go around the hilt of the sword. Also I love the detail on the Excalibur sword and love the handle in the Ivanhoe sword which is very patriotic.

I was also looking at the mummy statue which I saw in the derby museum and also thought that implementing something like that as the hilt of the sword would look really cool as it has a square bottom and a rounded top and if you look at the way it is shaped it really looks like something you could use to hold a weapon with.

No comments:

Post a Comment