Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Useful pages from books

I found this page very useful as it allowed me to look further into the line which create the back of the neck as it moves down towards the bum. It also teaches me about the seven prominent marks on the back. I found this page particulary useufl as when we had our life drawing lessons I really struggled to define the protusions at the back of the pelvis leading to the bum.



Again another very useful page which just topped me up from what I learnt during our class life drawing lessons was the proportions of the body. This goes into further depth as you can see in the below image which shows you if the length of the upper arm is equal to that of the forearm plus half of the hand. this quote taught me how to correctly get the proportions when one arm is bent or closer to the other. 








The positions above were the very type of positions I was struggling to do during our life drawing lessons after reading through several pages covering all sort of positions I learnt an awful lot about the tendons with geometric shapes as well as how they fold when in different positions. 



Another aspect that the book helped me cover was the folds and bends in the legs and arms. by looking at this I could see how the tubia should be position in different positions and it also gave me some tips by makign sure I add the fatty deposit under the kneecap which gives the effect of a double kneecap which looks a lot more realistic when looking at your own knee cap then looking at what you have drawn.
Overall I am really happy with this book I have got from the library and will probably try and purchase a copy for future reference as it has been highly useful and has covered all the aspects that I need to get me up to a good level.

No comments:

Post a Comment